The College of Southern Idaho is an open-door, equal-opportunity institution. Anyone wishing to receive information about admission, programs of study (majors), athletics, student activities, housing, child care, placement testing, financial aid or scholarships should contact the Office of Admissions located in the Welcome Center on the first floor of the Taylor Building.

Office of Admissions

College of Southern Idaho

PO Box 1238

Twin Falls, ID 83303-1238

Phone: (208) 732-6221



Degree-Seeking Students

Students who intend to earn a degree from CSI must have completed high school or equivalent (homeschool, GED or HSE) or be 19 years of age or older at the time of enrollment. Degree-seeking students may be eligible for Federal Financial Aid.

Apply for admission to CSI (available online at

Submit official high school transcript showing graduation date. Submit official college transcript(s) from all colleges attended.

Submit English and mathematics placement scores. CSI uses the ALEKS Placement, Preparation, and Learning for math placement, and THE WRITE CLASS for English placement. Students may be exempt from institutional testing with qualifying scores on the ACT, SAT, or COMPASS exam or with completed college level coursework that appears on an official college transcript. All students are strongly recommended to complete THE WRITE CLASS regardless of test scores.

Schedule an advising appointment to make a plan, pre-register for classes, and sign up for a session of Student Orientation, Advising & Registration (SOAR).

Acceptance to limited enrollment majors at CSI

Some CSI programs have additional requirements for admission. Students applying for Career Technical Education (CTE) programs or Registered Nursing should contact the program of interest for complete admission requirements. Departments will communicate with applicants regarding the status of their acceptance into their selected major of study and any additional steps the student must take.

Non-Degree Students

Students who intend to take courses for personal enrichment rather than towards the completion of a degree of certificate are not eligible for Federal Financial Aid.

Apply for admission to CSI (available online at Select Non-Degree as program of interest (major).

Submit placement scores or official college transcripts for courses that require pre- or co-requisites.

*Students who wish to change their status to Degree-Seeking should contact the Office of Admissions at (208) 732-6221 for assistance.

International Students

International applicants are those students holding F, M, and J visas. This school is authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant students. International applicants whose first language is not English must demonstrate acceptable levels of English proficiency through an approved examination or institutional review in order to be admitted. Examples of approved examinations include TOEFL and IELTS (see for specific scores) or demonstration of acceptable proficiency on the CSI ESL Placement exam. Additionally, students falling below levels of examination-defined proficiency or who are unable to provide placement information, may request a case-by-case institutional review, on the recommendation of an institutional faculty or staff member.

Submit the international student application for admission and meet the requirements specified below before an I-20 will be issued. Students must then submit the I-20 to the American Consulate to receive a student visa.

Submit official transcripts from high school, and all colleges attended

Submit TOEFL, IELTS or the CSI ESL placement exam scores.

Request a certification of finances and a bank statement in US dollars. This must be sent directly from your bank to the College.

The International Student Advisor provides information on housing, and host American families and serves as a liaison between the local community and the international students. For more information, visit or contact:

Anita Tatge

International Student Services Coordinator

Phone: (208) 732-6383